Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Slippers

On one of my many trips around the internet looking for patterns to finish off the *seemingly endless* red black and white blanket I'm working on (I'll explain later), I came across a pattern for these cute granny square slippers. My friend's birthday is coming up and I thought they'd make an excellent little gift. I used leftover yarn from the rainbow ripple blanket I did, and they came out looking really pretty...my son liked them too so I made him a pair in his size! The good thing about the pattern is that it's so adaptable, and you can use up scraps in something functional. I like that they were quick to make.
Pattern is from the Purl Bee: www.purlbee.com/granny-square-slippers/


Green and blue square is the toe end, pink and green the heel: multi-coloured squares are the soles.



Just to give you an idea of what they look like on!




Small ones for my boy







No comments:

Post a Comment